Welcome to South Farnham Educational Trust
The continual pursuit of excellence
South Farnham Educational Trust was established as a Multi-Academy Trust in 2015, having been a converter Academy since 2011. At present the Trust consists of eight schools (seven full members and one associate member), a Teaching School Hub and thriving SCITT.
Vision and Purpose
- To create a group of schools that have a shared commitment to ensuring the highest possible outcomes for their children.
- Through close co-operation children, parents and teachers will share professional expertise, training opportunities and facilities to ensure that the whole is greater than the part.
- To create a learning environment where the highest possible standards are a feature of all schools.
- To establish a shared understanding of what works and a reflective, research based approach to school improvement.
- To celebrate and develop the uniqueness of each school within the MAT family of schools.
A Family of Schools
- South Farnham School consisting of 837 pupils from 4 to 11 years is situated on two sites, one in Menin Way and the other in The Bourne. It is an ‘Outstanding’ school, an RSHE hub, a Teaching School Hub and the Accredited Body for the Surrey South Farnham SCITT. South Farnham is the designated Academy Sponsor.
- Highfield South Farnham School, a two-form entry primary school with a Nursery, catering for children from three years. After working with the Trust it has just become an ‘Outstanding’ school with a reputation for high-quality provision following an Ofsted inspection in January 2018.
- The Raleigh School, a popular two form entry primary school in the semi-rural village of West Horsley. Following an Ofsted inspection in December 2017 it has also moved to an 'Outstanding' school from the previous 'Good' judgement, it is a primary school consisting of 436 pupils from 4-11.
- Wallace Fields Infant School and Nursery, a thriving two form entry small, friendly, caring infant school and Shining Stars Nursery based in Ewell recognised as 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in December 2021. The school are an ECF delivery partner for SFET Teaching School hub, offering primary training to ECTs in the region.
- Busbridge Infant School, a popular two form entry infant school based in the beautiful town of Godalming, Surrey. Busbridge joined SFET in April 2022 and consists of 179 pupils from 4 to 7 years old.
- Great Bookham School, a two form entry primary school based in Great Bookham, Surrey for pupils aged 4 to 11 years. The school joined SFET in July 2022 and with the support of the Trust, opened a pre-school in May 2023.
- Brighton Hill Community School, a popular, over-subscribed and thriving secondary school based in Basingstoke, Hampshire. This 11 – 16 school has grown from 502 to 1,283 pupils in six years and joined the Trust in June 2023. The school's recent 'Good' OFSTED Inspection contained three 'Outstanding' grades within it and the inspection team praised the leadership team's relentless focus on continuous and rapid improvement and their creation of 'a positive culture of ambition and high expectations amongst staff and pupils' (2022). The school works as an ECF delivery partner for the SFET Teaching School Hub.
Our associate member is St Mary's C of E (Aided) Infant School.
South Farnham SCITT - a primary Initial Teacher Training partnership of over 220 schools; graded 'Outstanding' in all areas by Ofsted (July 2023). Nationally recognised within the Department for Education to be at the forefront of school-based training.
Our Teaching School Hub is one of 87 centres of excellence for teaching training and development in the country. We provide high-quality professional development to teachers in over 300 schools and at each stage of their career (from TA to executive leadership), outstanding teacher training and Appropriate Body services.