The continual pursuit of excellence
Welcome to South Farnham Educational Trust. We became a Multi-Academy Trust in 2015, having been a converter Academy since 2011.
At the moment the Trust consists of six schools (five full members and one associate school), a Teaching School Hub and thriving SCITT:
- South Farnham School consisting of 870 pupils from 4 to 11 years is situated on two sites, one in Menin Way and the other in The Bourne. It is an ‘Outstanding’ school, a Teaching School Hub, an RSHE Hub and the Accredited Body for the Surrey South Farnham SCITT. South Farnham is the designated Academy Sponsor.
- Highfield South Farnham School, a two-form entry primary school with a Nursery, catering for children from three years. After working with the Trust it has become an ‘Outstanding’ school with a rapidly growing reputation for high-quality provision.
- The Raleigh School, a popular two form entry primary school in the semi-rural village of West Horsley. Following an Ofsted inspection in December 2017 it has also moved to an 'Outstanding' school from the previous 'Good' judgement, it is a primary school consisting of 436 pupils from 4-11.
- Wallace Fields Infant School and Nursery, a thriving two form entry small, friendly, caring infant school and Shining Stars Nursery based in Ewell recognised as 'Outstanding' by Ofsted.
- Busbridge Infant School, a popular two form entry infant school based in Godalming, Surrey.
We also have one associate member of the Trust - St Mary's C of E (Aided) Infant School in Frensham.
Our Teaching School Hub is one of 87 centres of excellence for teaching training and development in the country. We provide high-quality professional development to teachers in over 300 schools and at each stage of their career (from TA to executive leadership), outstanding teacher training and appropriate body services.
South Farnham SCITT - a primary Initial Teacher Training partnership of over 220 schools; graded 'Outstanding' in all areas by Ofsted. Nationally recognised within the DfE to be at the forefront of school-based training.
VISION AND PURPOSE OF THE TRUST
- To create a group of schools that have a shared commitment to ensuring the highest possible outcomes for their children.
- Through close co-operation children, parents and teachers will share professional expertise, training opportunities and facilities to ensure that the whole is greater than the part.
- To create a learning environment where the highest possible standards are a feature of all schools.
- To establish a shared understanding of what works and a reflective, research based approach to school improvement.
- To celebrate and develop the uniqueness of each school within the MAT family of schools.